Thursday, January 3, 2013

Who Killed Chrissy?

Who Killed Christine Casilio?

A True Crime Author Digs For the Truth


By: Beverley Simcic

Who Killed Chrissy? was a long spiritual journey for me, and one that has produced rewards of healing my psyche and releasing fear that I carried around for thirty years----writing a haunting memoir really does help the victims of secondary trauma murder cases to heal.  The problem is that I didn't know I was a victim too.  Being the person who was there with the murder victim and having all those feelings of being helpless and fearful, built up inside of me over many years, I felt I had to write the story.  My story had to be told in order that I could have the satisfaction that I’d done all that I could to expose an unsolved murder.

I finally acquired the courage to write about it, and in doing so, have healed many of the wounds that I had stored up since Chris was murdered in 1982.

I didn’t know Christine Casilio well.  She was not a close friend, just an acquaintance and a neighbor in an old apartment building we both lived in on Riverview Avenue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  This made telling her story even more difficult, but I felt that telling it from beginning to end, and how we both hopped a plane for a vacation in Las Vegas together, was the key to pulling out my memories of the time we spent together in a town that has no mercy on anyone.  In the process, I pulled out some memories that I didn't want, and they frightened me even more----this was, and still is, an unsolved mystery!

My book is not a typical true crime read, in that it does not have a court room scene, nor does it have a prosecution of a murderer.  It is an unsolved murder mystery in true form.  There are suspects; some of which stand out plainly, and some that lurk as the unnamed acquaintances that were just there----ones that no one may ever remember.

There are many unanswered questions in the murder of Christine Casilio, but the ones that look you in the eye and stare you down are the ones that haunt me….
Like, why would two Las Vegas homicide detectives walk into a gruesome scene of a partially naked woman hanging halfway into a water filled bathtub; her head submerged and covered up by the bed comforter, and then walk away casually and never have it declared a homicide?  If they had, it would today be an official cold case, but it isn't----it is forgotten.  Christine Casilio is forgotten----that is why I wrote my book.

About the Author:

I’ve been writing in various capacities all my life.  Having been a four time entrepreneur and small business owner for thirty years, most of my writing has been for sales, marketing and promotional purposes.  As a teen I wrote poetry.

Who Killed Chrissy was started in 2006, and with no real aspirations of publication at that time, it languished along and sat on my desk.  After Amazon self publishing came along, I got more ambitious with my goals of publishing my book.
It turned into a six year journey until I finally finished the book.  The research end of it was a daunting task for many years.

I will now be writing memoirs.  My next book is a series of three, possibly five books in the Boomer Woman Diaries series, and will also be featured on Amazon Kindle.

You can follow Beverly on Twitter

Where to find the book:

Who Killed Chrissy?  The True Crime Memoir of a Pittsburgh Girl’s Unsolved Murder in Las Vegas:  available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon



Related Articles:




No comments:

Post a Comment