Sunday, March 4, 2012

Who Murdered Father Alfred Kunz?

 Touch DNA Leading the Charge in Cold Case Investigation of Murdered Priest


Photo from http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/100303


The Sheriff's Department in Dane, Wisconsin, are hoping that new progress in the DNA front, namely Touch DNA, can help solve the cold case investigation of Father Alfred Kunz.

Father Kunz's throat was cut inside of the church 14 years ago. The police have developed many leads over the year, however, they have been unable to establish probable cause. According to several news reports, Father Kunz's body was found a few feet from a statue of Michael the Archangel - ironically the patron Saint of the Police, and all the doors were found locked with no sign of a forced entry. Investigators believe that whom ever murdered Father Kunz, knew him.

Now, armed with the capability of extracting DNA from an area that the suspect may have touched, has brought renewed interest in the case on the anniversary of the brutal murder. All it takes now to obtain a complete DNA profile is as little as five cells. The Sheriff's Department is hoping this new technology will bring this case to a close.

There is a large reward being offered in this case. Anyone with information is asked to call the Dane County Sheriff's Department at 608-284-6900.

Read more about Touch DNA here

4 comments:

  1. This case is so close to home. I hope that the person who did this is apprehended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God love you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished there were pictures... I'd love to investigate further. Unfortunately I've got miles between me and the case. Also, I'm sure they've tried this already, but if they suspected an associate, and they don't suspect a forced entry, did they check all known associates for minor, almost minuscule bruises on the knuckles? If there wasn't a break in, then wouldn't one assume a knock, or even a tap on the door? And if there wasn't, did they check for saliva on the door? Some one preparing for a murder, must've been a little shaky, no? Saying a name like "Alfred" surely, there had to be a little spray from the "f". Although... No. Scratch that. He knew him, why would he say his full name? "Al"... "Al, it's me, open up." The p. Or the name of the person its self could have something. Either way. I'm just spit balling. Maybe I have no clue of what I'm speaking of. Still, remarkable how it is still not closed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished there were pictures... I'd love to investigate further. Unfortunately I've got miles between me and the case. Also, I'm sure they've tried this already, but if they suspected an associate, and they don't suspect a forced entry, did they check all known associates for minor, almost minuscule bruises on the knuckles? If there wasn't a break in, then wouldn't one assume a knock, or even a tap on the door? And if there wasn't, did they check for saliva on the door? Some one preparing for a murder, must've been a little shaky, no? Saying a name like "Alfred" surely, there had to be a little spray from the "f". Although... No. Scratch that. He knew him, why would he say his full name? "Al"... "Al, it's me, open up." The p. Or the name of the person its self could have something. Either way. I'm just spit balling. Maybe I have no clue of what I'm speaking of. Still, remarkable how it is still not closed.

    ReplyDelete