Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Truth About Criminal Investigations: An Interview with Cold Case Squad's Joe Giacalone

Joe Giacalone from the Cold Case Squad had a chance to sit down and do a Skype interview with Joanna Penn from the website: http://thecreativepenn.com/
Joe answers questions about how crime writers can use criminal investigation techniques, the value of communicating with people and interview and interrogation techniques to make their crime fiction more believable.
Joe is the Author of the Criminal Investigative Function: A Guide for New Investigators

1 comment:

  1. Excellent interview, Joanna & Joe! Great questions, great responses!

    I agree, Barney Miller is probably the most accurate portrayal of police work. Other than "COPS," I don't think any police show is "accurate." Although I did enjoy The Shield, as far fetched as it was, there were some authentic behaviors, attitudes and lingo used - and it was so entertaining.

    I loved the use of the term "airmail," Joe ~ that's hysterical.

    I am reading your Guide for New Investigators - I bought it for my Mac using a Kindle for Mac app. It's terrific :-)

    ReplyDelete