Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Author Interview with Lisa Stull of LMStull.com

Interview with Author Joseph L. Giacalone

The path to publication


When did you first know you wanted to write a book? About 15 years ago, I attended a writing workshop in a major bookseller and I looked around the room and said, “I can do this.”

What do you know now that you wish you did when you first started writing? The idea behind the book was to write a criminal investigation text for new investigators and criminal justice students. However, what I learned was that an entire different audience I never thought of tapping into would embrace the book – writers and authors of police procedurals and mysteries. They have really taken too it and I have a live meeting with the NY Sisters in Crime Chapter coming up late March in NYC. If I would have known this prior to writing the book, I would have put in “TIPS for Writers of Crime” to make a greater appeal to them. However, the book does the job for writers.

Read the rest of the interview HERE

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling when you look around aroom and say, "Why can't I do this?" Writing is definately harder than I imagined but if someone has a story to tell they should. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete