Dallas Police Refocus on Cold Cases
Cold Case Problem GrowsBy: Joseph L. Giacalone
- Thousands of unsolved cases - including murder, rapes, and missing persons
- Government funding - with Federal and State budget tightening, many departments can't afford the expenses of reopening and investigating cold cases without the grant money that generally has been provided to close cold cases
- The spike in crime in many jurisdictions have bogged down investigators looking to stem the tide of violence
- The victim's family are still seeking justice and closure.
- When perpetrators are not apprehended it provides the opportunity for further victimization.
Read the Dallas News
Cold Case Squads Going by Way of the Dinosaur?
Massachusetts Supreme Court OKs John Doe Indictments